Updated on October 2, 2019
Event planning is not everybody’s cup of tea. If you have planned small in-house birthday parties for your children, then that doesn’t make you an event planner because a lot more goes into planning a big event. As they say, the biggest of the projects require the finest of planning, but there will be occasions when things go wrong. Let’s find out some of the common pitfalls that you can come across because if you know about these pitfalls, only then you will be able to avoid those.
1. Prioritize your tasks: In a big event, you will have a countless number of tasks to perform, so don’t involve yourself in minute details of one task and ignore all others, as that could derail your entire event planning process. Just focus on the theme and colors and not on the individual decorations. Sketch out the food menu instead of selecting each dish. You have a lot on your plate, so you can’t get into the details of everything. For that, you will have to allocate tasks to your team members.
2. Invest your time planning for the food menu and bar: In any event, the showstopper is the food and beverage section regardless of what other entertainment factors were there in the event if the food is good, then everything looks good, otherwise, you will listen to complaints from guests. While you focus on bringing in the singers and dancers to the event, the main focus for you should be on the food and beverage section. Hire the best catering service in the town and decide on the food menu with them. Have a budget and plan things accordingly, and you will surely have a successful event. Secondly, hire the right people who can set up a nice bar and can run it properly too because, before food, people are going to jump into the bar section to get the ‘party mode’.
3. Get everything in writing: Gone are the days when people used to trust each other on verbal promises and handshakes. Today, you need to get everything in writing or else be prepared to face troubles at the time of the event. For example, if you and the catering service has decided on a food menu, then both parties should write it down and sign on the documents so that if anything goes wrong at the event, you can take the necessary action.
4. Outline a budget and don’t overspend: If you call yourself a professional event planner, then you must be doing it for your livelihood, right? Therefore, you need to stay well within the budget allocated by the person or group whose event you are planning. If you go beyond the budget, then you are reducing your profit, a thing that an astute businessman will never do. Use your mind and experience to identify areas where cost-cutting can be done, especially in the decoration section.
5. Don’t pressurize yourself or get too complacent: People either get too much anxious and stressed that they start making stupid mistakes. Then, there is another kind, which becomes way too casual that they forget some of the important things that need to be done. If you fall in one of those kinds, then you should definitely come out of the zone you are in because that attitude will not get you far too long. You need to work with a sense of responsibility and awareness, and you will see things happening just how you wanted them to be.
Keep these things in mind and you will surely organize the upcoming event successfully.
Posted on September 20, 2019
Decide why you are rushing. This is the most important part because if you do not know why you are there, you will probably be very dissatisfied with the decision to come down the road. People crowd for different reasons; Some want a life booster, some want a family, some do it because their parents want it. Do not rush into a brotherhood for other people, just because you want to leave. Find out a few good reasons and draw with them. You do not want one brother to call one cause and another brother to another; The fraternities have the potential of cross-referencing each other despite the challenges. And above all, don’t say that you want to join a fraternity “party and meet girls”.
Realizing the commitment involved in a brotherhood. Most fraternities still have a pledge system (some are here to make it a whole new system) and the promise is a big promise. Typically, committed compulsory study time involves weekly meetings, projects, and even a group trip. It’s a drain on a college student, so make sure you have enough time to commit. It can also drain your bank account because depending on which fraternity you are, you will be paid out of the pocket of the promised class of parties, projects, home gifts, etc., not to mention the brotherhood criteria. Depending on how much you spend, you will be able to join a fraternity, and most are willing to help you get a job or a low-interest loan in difficult financial situations, so do not withdraw from the fraternity simply because the fees are the highest on the Greek line.
Ignore the stereotypes of the campus. People will not let you decide. Some people may refer to a specific brotherhood in a positive light, some may refer to it in a negative light; The point is that people are not trustworthy.
Do your research. Find a place on your campus where brothers advertise for crowd events. The best time to do this will be the first week of school in the autumn, as all the fraternities will be there. Find out how many are out there, what kind of brotherhood everyone has, and what the crowd events are for everyone. Even if you have no interest in rushing to a certain brotherhood, take the Rush Flyer anyway; Your opinion may change later.
Narrow your options. Most likely, a lot of fraternal homes are likely to be hit within a week (unless you have a formal school assignment). When you pick up Rush Flyers, judge a character quickly and decide which one you will probably go with. Don’t choose a fraternity because they keep the best parties or pull out the most girls or they dress the best, pick the fraternity because you like their character.
Posted on September 20, 2019
1 – Invite a band for girls
It’s easy to get good voting for your party – make sure there are girls there. If the girls have fun; The boys will make the picnic look like ants.
To show girls, hire a band popular with quads. There are local bands in your area that fit the bill. Talk to someone in distress, ask them what their favorite bands are, and hire that band. The first rule of entertainment is to give your audience what they want, and don’t over-complicate it.
2 – Invite sororities
Going back to # 1 – If you get girls in your party, you will have good results. So why not invite sororities to your event?
If you want to make sure, invite one of their brothers home in person. And when they show up to the event, be sure to let them know how much you appreciate them for joining. Not only is this a solid marketing strategy for your chapter, it’s also a smart move to develop relationships between chapters.
3 – Make sure the brothers are excited
Unless the brothers are excited about it, it’s impossible to have a good party.
People are generally enthusiastic about their ideas. So ask what kind of party the brothers want and ask them to take the initiative to set it up. They will thus be more encouraged to ensure the event is a success.
4 – Go to third-party locations
Maybe part of your problem is that your house is not suitable for the kind of party you are trying to throw away ???
If it is – rent a bar and have a closing party there. Many of the problems you have will no longer be a problem because the companies you hire will handle them.
5 – The party has a solid base
Review the base theory for the teams. This is extremely important. If your party does not have a good base, people will show up, no one will see it, and leave later.